- To create and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world.
- To promote the principles of good government and good citizenship.
- To take an active interest in the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community.
- To unite the clubs in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
- To provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided, however, that partisan and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
- To encourage service-minded men and women to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavors.
Community is a key word here. By community, we don't mean the four blocks around our house, the few square miles of our town, or even our region, province, or other unit. We mean the community of the world. What we do affects our community, and that means the world. By opening our eyes, our ears, and our hearts to the world, we become a much better part of it.
The Lion Motto & Slogan
The motto of every Lion is simply "WE SERVE." The slogan of Lionism is "Liberty, Intelligence, Our Nation's Safety.
Lion Official Colors
The official colors are purple and gold. Purple stands for loyalty to friends and to oneself. It also stands for the integrity of mind and heart. Gold symbolizes sincerity of purpose, liberality of judgment, purity in life and generosity in mind, heart, and pursue toward one's fellowship.
The emblem consists of a gold letter "L" on a circular gold area with two lion profiles at either side facing away from the center. The word "Lions" appears at the top and "International" at the bottom. Symbolically, the lions face both past and future...proud of the past & confident of the future.UP