The Lions Club Expectations For The LEO Club
- That the LEOs would have an opportunity to gain leadership qualities, and enjoy discovering their skills and talents as they volunteer within their community, while obtaining the Community Service Hours needed to achieve their High School Diploma.
- That it would be a 'safe' haven where insults, sarcasm and criticism are left at the door and everyone's ideas are welcomed, encouraged, examined and appreciated.
- That the Club as a whole would be respected, and appreciated in the community, as they seek to contribute to its health and well being.
Cambridge LEO Club By-Laws
- There shall be no texting or phone calls permitted (by the use of cell phones) during a regular meeting or Board of Directors meeting of the Cambridge LEO Club. An exception shall be made for Emergency Calls which shall be made in the porch-way. Cell phones shall be placed in the 'vibrate mode', and may be utilized to access the calendar application ONLY.
- When a LEO requests 'the floor' for the purpose of speaking to the club, and upon being recognized by the Chair (usually the President), please stand in order to address the members present. The Members shall respectfully give the speaker their attention and silence during this time.
- The Membership Fee of $10.00 annually (new members fee will be pro-rated) must be paid on or before November 30 each year. Failure to do so, shall initiate a face to face meeting with the Membership Chair to discuss payment options. A LEO failing to pay his or her membership fee must understand that attendance at any LEO social activity will not be an option.
- All members of the Cambridge LEO Club shall, following each regular meeting, return the meeting room to its original state as found prior to the meeting i.e. rearrange tables and chairs and remove any litter found on the floor or tables.
- The Cambridge LEO Club shall pay the Registration Fee (currently $10.00) for any LEO (in good standing) in the Cambridge LEO Club who attends the annual Multiple District 'A' LEO Conference, providing funds are available in the Administrative Account of the Cambridge LEO Club.
- Each new LEO Club Board of Directors shall, create a 'Yearly Action Plan' for the upcoming year. This plan will be completed and forwarded for the first Executive meeting of the Cambridge Lions Club in August for their approval.
- There shall be one Board of Directors meeting held on the 3rd Thursday of each month (except in July) following the regular meeting of the Cambridge LEO Club.
Completed by: The Cambridge LEO Club Board of Directors (2012-2013).
Club Name: Cambridge LEO Club
Date: April 5, 2012.